I realize I haven’t written in a while. Honestly, I probably should have…just have not had the time/energy/motivation to do so. Thus, this will probably be a long(er) post, split into two parts; a life update and a dilemma.
- Went to southern Kentucky for Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncle’s with my grandma and Tucker. Tuck got neutered right before we left, so he was extremely chilled out due to his medication when we were there. Needless to say, he was very good and everyone fell in love with him. Especially my grandma. She asks about him constantly.
- I move into my new place in a matter of weeks! 2.5 to be exact. I’m so excited, but I still need a few things. Expensive things, like a microwave, couch, and TV. Now taking donations ;)
- Christmas Party (in November?!) for work was so much fun. Sadly didn’t win anything but had a great time chatting with coworkers and their wives. Tyler came with me which I thought would be awkward but it wasn’t! Which leads me to…
Tyler and I started to kind of “date” again. We went out to dinner a couple of times, talked a lot, and just discussed our issues. I thought we were doing great. Then he informs me that he’s seeing other people as well. Uhh…what?! I was crushed. Then I went home and rejoined the dating site we met on (hey, I can be a brat sometimes.) Unlike the last time I joined and I only met two people including Tyler and ignored everyone else that messaged me, this time I’ve been a little…busier. Here’s what I mean.
- A 27 year old IT specialist. So good looking. And nice…ish. I just have a bad feeling about this one. He seems to only want a physical relationship, which is heartbreaking to me. We talk sporadically, and have been out a handful of times. He’s one of the “hey send me a picture” kind of guys. Yes. *That* kind of picture. Uh…no thanks. He’s the kind of guy that knows he’s cute. I hate that. As much as he frustrates me, for some reason I keep being sucked back in.
- A 30 year old IT specialist. I know, I know. Another one. And this one is FIVE YEARS OLDER THAN ME. And divorced. Recently. I feel conflicted about this one, because he is grown up, knows what he wants, doesn’t play games, he’s attractive…but I let him kiss me and didn’t really feel anything. His marriage ended because they were more like friends than spouses, and although it would be great to be with someone as “put-together” as him, I wonder if our potential relationship would end up the same way. I really enjoy talking to him and spending time with him, but I have a feeling he thinks we’re on a fast track to a relationship. We’ve only been out twice and he wants me to come over so he can cook me dinner and we can put up his Christmas tree. Sounds nice, but…scary at the same time.
- A 25 year old financial manager. Our first date is tomorrow. Honestly, I don’t know what to think. He seems like a normal guy, which is good. We talk extremely sporadically, and suddenly he is super into wanting to meet. Not sure what to think about that.
- A 26 year old teacher. He lives about 2 ½ hours away, which is unfortunate because I have a really, really good feeling about this one. He loves his job, which makes my heart smile since he works with kids. He is incredibly sweet. This morning he called me when we were both driving to work just to say “I hope you have a great day!” I love things like that. I feel such a connection with him, and I haven’t even actually met him yet. We’re meeting on Saturday and I am so excited! I already feel so comfortable with him, so I know it won’t be awkward. The only issues I have are that he’s so far away, and since we ARE so comfortable I’m worried that things would move faster than I’m okay with.
- A 26 year old student. AKA Tyler. Tyler told me he wants to try again with us and hopefully get back together eventually. My heart is still hanging by a VERY thin thread to him…so I agreed we could try. However, it feels…different. I am so cautious, so on guard. I have a hard time believing he wants to try. I do not trust him at all, and he knows that. He says he’ll earn it back, but we’ll see.
I’ve never dated more than one person at a time. This is new to me, and very weird. I know I’m not doing anything wrong since I am not exclusive with any of these men, but it is still confusing. Please feel free to leave me any and all advice you have!
Have any of you done online dating? Any weird experiences (one of my coworkers found me this time!)? Success stories?