Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Home Again

I truly meant to write this post on Sunday night...and it is now Wednesday afternoon. Oh well.

I ventured back to my college town for homecoming this past weekend, and stayed with my best friend from college, Mollie (and her husband Keith). I hope that I have the kind of loving, faithful, and Godly relationship that they have some day. They are so full of love for each other that it sometimes makes my heart ache.

The 3.5 hour drive on Friday didn't bother me in the slightest once I got out of Indiana, because I had forgotten how gosh darn beautiful Illinois is in the fall. coming down Main street into Eureka, with gorgeous trees lining both sides of the road, I felt...at peace. And home. Eureka, IL was my home for 4 years, and going back this weekend, I think I'd say it still IS my home. Every now and then I toy with the idea of moving back there, and you know what? I think I might...in a few years. Right now I like my job too much to leave it. I also couldn't imagine leaving my friends and family here again.

Rather than make this a super long post where I detail everything that happened, I figured I would highlight the main points. And no, I don't have any pictures...I was having way too much fun relaxing and catching up with old friends.

Friday
-went to the new Mexican restaurant in town for dinner, had delish daiquiris
-pigged out on cake-vodka soaked gummies and played Apples to Apples with Mollie, Keith, Mollie's mom, Mollie's brother, and a family friend
- went to bed at around 1 in the morning...v. late for me
Saturday
-Mollie and I made Keith get us breakfast from Hardees
-walked to campus despite Keith whining that he was cold so I could buy an alumni sticker for my car and a new EC shirt (also walked out with the CUTEST coffee mug...that says EC Mom on it?)
-met my parents (they came in that morning) at the gates, sat down with them
-almost immediately retreated to the alumni tent to gossip with old classmates/drink unlimited amounts of hot chocolate
-discovered that almost everyone I talked to was either married or had a kid or both. I was the awkward single girl
-tried to avoid ex boyfriends...with no luck
-left game at halftime because it was too cold, walked back to M&K's house and took naps
- met my parents for dinner at Biaggis...wonderful food
-found out we WON the game!!!! Big news for little ole Eureka!
-fell asleep on the couch at like 11. Laaaame.
Sunday
-went to Monicals with Mollie and her mama for lunch
-drove back to Indiana

Tyler's house in Brownsburg is on my way home from Illinois...so I stopped by. Mainly to see Tucker, but also to get some things of mine he had found. My sweet Tucker boy sure did miss me, though! He plopped himself in my lap and didn't move for a few minutes...all 85 pounds of him. I love that dog so freaking much. He also has a new trick! He can now legit hug people now :) so cute.

I had to leave after a couple hours because it was getting late, but Tyler and I had a good conversation. I completely have my guard up with him, but I think we might become friends.

I'm nervous about it because I'm only friends with one of my exes. And we never see each other. Are you friends with any of your exes? Is it hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment