Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mr. Perfect (for me)

 


Does anyone remember the movie Practical Magic? It had Sandra Bullock in it, and it was about sisters that were witches (the good kind). In one of the scenes early on in the movie, the actress playing kid-Sandra is making a "spell" for her ideal man. At the time, I laughed because this kid is all of 12 years old...waaaaay too young to even be thinking about love. But now? Now I get it. Because her "ideal man" finds her and they fall in love (of course). With recent happenings in my life, I wish it was that easy. I do truly believe that God put a man somewhere on this earth especially for me. My soul mate. I just wish he would hurry up and find me. Or I would find him. Either one.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, give me a chance to explain myself. I will be 25 next month. I've been through quite a roller coaster the past 3 years, and I have matured into the person that I hope I am for years to come. I know who I am, and I am comfortable with that. I also know exactly what I want/don't want in my soul mate. I say soul mate, because when I get married it will be only once. I'm a "divorced kid," and hate it. Obviously I don't want that to happen to my future offspring.

All that being said, I've made a small list. God, I know you read my blog. Or at least I hope you do. I hope the man you made for me has some of these qualities, if not all of them. Thanks :)

My soul mate will...
...be close with his family, and want to be close with my family.
...be close to God, and understand that He is an important part in any relationship (something I've forgotten over the past years).
...support me in all of my efforts, offer a shoulder to me when I fail and a hug for when I succeed.
...be up for trying new things with me.
...be wise, confident, mature, honest, funny, caring, accepting, understanding, and faithful.
...love me enough to fight for our relationship if need be.
...realize that I, as most girls, love random surprises, and act accordingly.
...be a good cook and a good enough sport to be okay with doing 75% of the cooking (I've got dessert duty!).
...not be afraid to say "I love you" every day or even multiple times a day.
...love me for who I am, and will not try to mold me into someone he wishes I was.

Well, there ya have it. There is so much more that I could add to this, but I think I'll save that for another time. Oh, and God? If you could make him look like this man, I'd really appreciate it. ;)
mmmmm...
 
xo, Cate

2 comments:

  1. The amount of times that Zefron has come up the last couple weeks amazes me... not that I mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete